Got Andys?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

puckvirus

Contributor
Reaction score
I would like oppionions on Andys drysuits? I am considering getting one and would just like peoples oppinions, maybe vrs DUI type thing. They seem worth the 400-600 less then the DUI counterparts; but I could be wrong.

The people I know love their Andy's is just the factor of finding a dealer and a good price. I hear they also do good custom suits. The only drawback that I notice and one which could be nit-picking is that the Codura models are a bit stiff especially in the winter. Other than that, these suits look to be built for rugged diving and my buddies suits have held up well with some extremly rocky exits and entries with lots and I mean lots of scruffing against the rocks. I look at these as commercial suits because the codura models are built to last in my opinion.

I just did a demo of the DS3 trilam and liked it enough to buy it, for what thats worth. I went with the extreme nylon as that seemed durable enough. I asked a few people online here and on another board who have owned an andy's for awhile and they were still pleased with the purchase.

puckvirus:
I would like oppionions on Andys drysuits? I am considering getting one and would just like peoples oppinions, maybe vrs DUI type thing. They seem worth the 400-600 less then the DUI counterparts; but I could be wrong.
I have a DS1 and it seems to work just fine; 20+ dives and no issues. It's all I've ever used, so it's hard for me to compare though.

One thing that Uncle Pug showed me is that contrary to what I thought, I can get into and out of my suit by myself. It's a bit tuff zipping it up alone, but I unzip it all the time by myself.

Enjoying a safety stop in my Andy's DS1.

Andy's DS3 here.

About 50 dives and loving it like a bee loves honey, but like Jason, nothing to compare it to, so...

puckvirus:
I went with a custom-fit DS3 with the heavy nylon trilam option. I've been very happy with it, once I had the exaust valve moved from where it was originally to the shoulder. I originally had an OS Systems drysuit, and I find I have a lot better range of motion in my Andy's, though that's most likely because of the custom cut. The OS Systems was an off the rack purchase.

I got my Andy's at Silent World, and was quite happy with the service I received from them. They're a long way from my house (about an hour's drive), but I would go to them again.

The custom-cut custom colours with suspenders was $2K. I am not a dive professional, I have a feeling a DM or instructor would get a considerable discount.

Jimmie

Every person I ever met who had one loved it. They weren't lukewarm about it either - they loved it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom