got a refurbed Oly 4040

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Agape

Contributor
Reaction score
I bought this refurbed Oly C-4040 and just got it yesterday. The site said it comes with a 90 day warranty though I didn't see any warranty documentation for it in the box.

I noticed when I got it that there is a crack in it near the battery cover and also inside the battery cover so the cover doesn't close all the way. The camera still seems to work fine though there is a clicking noise if I put pressure on the front of the battery cage coming from where it's cracked on the outside. Does anyone know if this is something that is covered under warranty?

I love the camera though so far it takes great pics and i'm really happy with the pics i can take at night compared to my old camera.

Where did you buy it? Have you contacted them?

I would have expected to get something with the warranty details on it. Scratches and dings would be acceptable but I don't think a cracked battery cover would be.

no I haven't contacted them yet. The website says "This quality product is factory refurbished. 90 days warranty included." So I'd need to contact them and not olympus?

It was Electronics Outlet Mall and I found them through Yahoo Shopping and they have 5 stars for top service from yahoo. But yah i didn't see anything in the documentation that came with the camera about the warranty and they didn't send me an invoice either but I printed the order form out when I ordered it.

According to the website, it's not real clear where the 90 day warranty is coming from. I'd contact them first. I'd also take a picture of the box it was delivered in and the camera, especially the cracked area, just to prove it wasn't mishandled in shipping.

Keep copies of everything..it's called covering your a$$!

Thanks for the help, i'll give them a call. there's a 800# and a local number on the site thankfully. There's been times when i've ordered stuff before and was unable to even find a phone number to contact them at.

camdmg1.jpg

camdmg2.jpg

Here's some pics i just took of the damage you can see the battery cover doesn't even close all the way because in the 1st pic there's a notch that the cover is supposed to catch on that is totally broken off.

Good Luck!

Wow!. I'd be more concerned with how it cracked rather than the crack itself! Good luck!

yah I didn't even think about that. The cam seems to work fine though. I called em yesterday and asked them to send me the invoice and warranty info. They were supposed to fax it but I havn't gotten it yet. Was gonna wait till I got the info before I call em back and tell em it's cracked.

I called these guys the other day and finally got them to send me a copy of the invoice since they didn't send one with my order. I called back today telling them about the crack and they said they'd send me another one and also going to send me a self addressed thing to send the other one back. So it all worked out pretty well. Hopefully the new one is ok.

Also just found out yesterday that my brother just bought an Oly 4000 and he is loving it.

Back
Top Bottom