got a chance with 2 USED apeks model

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Corbach

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
i can get my hand on a used atx50 or a XTX40

the price for the XTX40 is twice the ATX50

what are your suggestions and why

of course i need to make an inspection on both of them

The ATX will perform just as well as the XTX and the 50 has adjustment. Cosmetics are different and I believe the XTX can have the hose on either side. I have a TX50, ATX50 and a XTX50 and they all breathe and perform the same. What first stages come with these seconds.

As above, they perform the same, use the same service kit, and the 50 has the adjustment knob. So I guess it's about condition, price and if you want the an adjuster or not. As above what first stages do they both come with?

Plug, I have a new DS4 and two fully updated and serviced G250s in excellent cosmetic condition for sale. You'd be hard pressed to find a simpler, better breathing reg set. Can supply hoses and a used brass and glass SPG, bolt snaps and adapter. I use Hogarthian set ups with bungee back up and 40" primary hose. Feel free to message me if interested. Can also supply service kits for both.

ATX is slight lighter, older and smaller.
The moving parts of both model is more or less the same. Unless you really need the reversed feature otherwise I would go for the ATX50. The self adjusted screw on the 50 is nice.

What is the 1st stage in each model because that could explain the huge price difference? Usually 40 is pair with either DS4 or US4 while the 50 is with DST(most expensive of the three).

atx has the annoying short exhaust tee is the only practical difference that can't be fixed. the tx and xtx usually come with longer exhaust tees.

ATX is slight lighter, older and smaller.
The moving parts of both model is more or less the same. Unless you really need the reversed feature otherwise I would go for the ATX50. The self adjusted screw on the 50 is nice.

What is the 1st stage in each model because that could explain the huge price difference? Usually 40 is pair with either DS4 or US4 while the 50 is with DST(most expensive of the three).

I've only ever seen a US4 with a 20. Which makes sense given the 40 and DS4 are cold water rated and the 20 and US4 are not.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom