GoPro vs TG4 (or 6)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No you keep the same settings from your pics to your video. Whatever mode your shooting pictures in, there's a button you push to record video so m your not switching modes per say. Once your done recording you push the button again and it goes back to your picture mode.
thank you very much, that sounds easy enough, even for me ;-) Matter of facts, sounds perfect !

5mm gloves can make anything complicated😉 but switching modes on the TG is much easier than on the go pro.
I hate the cold, I can handle up to 16 degrees Celsius with 3mm, below that it becomes horrid for me... the TG seems the only way to go, really... thank you very much !

I have a TG-4 and my wife has a TG-6.
No question, get the TG-6. MUCH more capable, especially for macro and if using a strobe.

I also have a Sea Frogs TG-6 housing for sale. For Sale - Sea Frogs Housing for TG-6; used one trip
thanks tursiops. I actually like the seafrogs, because the main lever looks more sturdy then the original Olympus one..plus, correct me if I'm wrong, it goes down to 60 meters, whereas the original only goes to 45. Off course we lesser mortals can only do 40 meters, but , etc ;-) Thanks for the info on the sale as well, however I am in Spain and shipping plus Customs charges make it unfeasable..

I have a TG-6 and GoPro 10. I think the video quality of the TG-6 video is much better than the GoPro. I use the GoPro for wide-angle, expansive view video or when I don't feel like carrying the larger camera rig (Housing, Flash and video light). For Macro video (and photos), the GoPro can't touch the TG-6 in my opinion.
I have both cameras and would say the TG6 wins hands down with photos, but the GoPro 10 is miles ahead on videos. A couple of clarifying details. I use a strobe with the TG6 and generally close up photos, not necessarily macro. The videos on the GoPro tend to be less than 15m with good surface light (Caribbean).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom