GoPro Video from Egypt (Marsa Alam)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Malfalian

Registered
Reaction score
My GF and I went to Egypt for 1 week. The following videos were shoot in middle of september at sites around Marsa Alam.

First is a snorkling trip with dolphins at the Shaab Marsa Alam reef. They were "sunbathing" just when our dayboat arrived.

[video=vimeo;50938954]https://vimeo.com/50938954[/video]

Second is from our 2 dives at the same reef. The boat sunk during 2008 and officialy they don't know why it sunk, rumors are around involving insurrances. But hey, something nice to see :cool2:

[video=vimeo;51629259]https://vimeo.com/51629259[/video]

My Setup is a custom made pvc tray like the srp tray. I use a blurfix flatlens with the srp ur pro red filter in both videos.

The snorkling with the dolphins happend right when we arrived at the dive site. It's a smal reef about 30 minutes from the harbour Marsa Alam. The dolphins circulate between Shaab Marsa Alam and an other reef, about 6 miles away. So the chance is high to meet them and we were lucky.
We jumped from the boat into the water and just waited for the dolphins to come and they came around. I think they were there for about 1 hour before they were gone.

The first dive was from the boat as well. Just around the small reef on the left side (you see it in the video, when we descend). Then to the wreck and round the reef with the two swim through canyons.
Secound dive started from the zodiac and was outside the reef (reef on the right side). The guide talked about some small sharks that use to be there but this time, no luck. But some nice corals and this white sand till the blue horizon. The group "picture" at the end also happend there.

Back
Top Bottom