Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Whatever tray you buy for a GoPro is almost certainly not going to carry over to a "real" camera. Get a cheap one for your GoPro.

Well he could do as I did and DIY a tray. My tray was fine for mounting my Olympus TG6 and still keep the Go Pro on the camera housing as well. Sometimes I bring a second tray and let one of my dive partners who does not have a camera or go pro use my Go Pro when we dive together.

Good thing with my camera tray is that it glides in the water and I can set it down and leave it to record video. I get some pretty nice video that way. Especially with some critters that will hide when divers are nearby but come out when you leave the video recording and you swim away.

Good thing with my camera tray is that it glides in the water and I can set it down and leave it to record video. I get some pretty nice video that way. Especially with some critters that will hide when divers are nearby but come out when you leave the video recording and you swim away.

Nice video! I have been pondering this approach except that the coral seems too fragile to damage by clamping a Gorillapod on it.

Nice video! I have been pondering this approach except that the coral seems too fragile to damage by clamping a Gorillapod on it.

This tray is so light it does not damage anything but I usually look for some dead coral or stone or simply the sand to leave it on.

This is just with the Go Pro and some small lights. Lets people see that lights are needed you can see when the colours kick in... and then hear when I put the platform down. Hoping it would not be grabbed lol. watch to the end.... My dive buddies assumed I was simply filming the rocks again and you can see one looking at me and passing on by. Later I showed them the video and they are like wtf why didn't you motion to us to come see... ? I'm like what happened to staying with your dive buddy and not swimming off into the distance?

This tray is so light it does not damage anything but I usually look for some dead coral or stone or simply the sand to leave it on.

This is just with the Go Pro and some small lights. Lets people see that lights are needed you can see when the colours kick in... and then hear when I put the platform down. Hoping it would not be grabbed lol. watch to the end.... ]

What did it grab towards the end? You moved the camera just in time to angle it into the right view. Did you anticipate it?

Good one again!

What did it grab towards the end? You moved the camera just in time to angle it into the right view. Did you anticipate it?

Good one again!

It really is the tray and good fortune. None of the people in the dive group saw that Octopus. I only spotted it as when they breathe can see their white innards. I wanted to stay longer but my buddies were probably 100m away in a slow drift by then. They are like how did we not see it. I'm like well you passed by me filming with lights on so who knows lol. The octopus reached out to my hand.... It got bitten twice by that Parrot fish that swims away under the rocks. You can see the Octopus had reached up into the crevice,got nipped then got bitten really hard. That's why it flew out and changed colours. I backed up as I did not want it to ink and leave.

Sometimes just look for a spot to place the tray and put some distance. The marine life is not bothered by our presence mostly. You can hear the DM in this video make a sound that was to tell other divers not to approach my tray. People get too curious.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom