GoPro on a Pole, Any Attachable Bipods?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MrChen

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
So I took a lot of video where I'm hovering in place in the water and my videos are really jerky. I thought to myself, there must be an attachable bipod that I can put on my pole, something I can fold up when not needed. There are plenty for guns, but I'm assuming these would be heavy built (steel) nor would they use rust resistant parts ready for the rigors of salt water.

Does anyone have a solution? I'd like to be able to rest the pole in the sand (of course making sure I'm not damaging any sea life first) to get stabler video.

I have my gopro on a 3 ft pole which is great for drift diving, not so much for the dives where I'm not drifting.

Would something like this work for you?

GoPro-GoSpike-Ground-Spike-Monopod-500x500.JPG

Check out this thread:

http://www.nwdiveclub.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=22356

I have a pic a handle/tray setup I built and one other guy has another handle setup in there as well. I am kind of thinking of building the other setup to try out. They're both really stable and light weight.

Back
Top Bottom