GoPro Mount for Ikelite

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Drilled the holes and did what? Not clear to me.
Thank you.
I drilled two holes on the PVC pipe to allow water inside the pipe. I drilled a hole on the bottom cap and used a nut to secure it to Ikelite mount. On the top cap I used a screw to mount the GoPro mount.

I drilled two holes on the PVC pipe to allow water inside the pipe. I drilled a hole on the bottom cap and used a nut to secure it to Ikelite mount. On the top cap I used a screw to mount the GoPro mount.
Thank you very much. Did you put a washer on the bottom nut? And for our interested readers, what size PVC did you use?

Thank you very much. Did you put a washer on the bottom nut? And for our interested readers, what size PVC did you use?
Compressor:

Glad to help you and others. I didn’t used a washer on the bottom cap. I used 1/2” PVC pipe. As an added benefit you could leave the bottom cap attached to the housing and attach and detach the top portion. Useful when you have to replace the battery on the GoPro.

I have a hot-shoe mount for my big camera, and a ball mount for the go-pro. They work very well, but my problem with that solution is the issue of 'quick connect'. There are times I simply want my go-pro somewhere other than on the camera. I can and have done that, but it means undoing the ball clamp with the accompanying risk of losing stuff underwater.

The flex line with big clamp isn't ideal either, but it does allow me to clamp the go-pro to things or carry it free in my hand. Last week I clamped it to my BigBlue light (I'm using it as a primary with a goodman handle) but the flex line 'as sent' was just too long. I've removed it as mentioned in my prior post and tomorrow will try clamping it to the light on just the two ends (no loc-line).

I like the fact that this setup uses the stock go-pro quick connectors, which makes things a lot easier (for me) than ball mounts or other dedicated screw mounts. I just wish there were more quick-connect base options available.

Back
Top Bottom