GoPro Mount for Ikelite

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Compressor

ScubaBoard Supporter
Staff member
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hello:
Anyone find the Flex Mount kit for GoPro useful ?

Reviews on B&H state that this is very difficult to use.

I am open to suggestions on how to mount my GoPro to my Ikelite housing.

Thanks

I have something like this on my housings but it is a cheaper version from Aliexpress. Since I don’t have a hot shoe mount, I used the sticky GoPro mounts in a location that does not interfere with the controls. No problem maintaining stickiness but I do tie off the GoPro with a lanyard in case it fails. Note that I only bring the GoPro when I am configured for macro, so that I don’t miss out on all the whale shark flybys. :wink:

Both I and my buddy used something similar with our Ikelite housings. However, we had the double-handle trays and bought the flex kit that had the handle mount included. It's a great way to carry a gopro or a video light on a camera.

I use shortest GoPro-hot shoe adapter so what I see in the camera display is “almost” what I see in GoPro, not from bird’s eye view like from that flex mount kit. This way I can see what I’m videoing from the bigger camera display, not from the tiny GoPro display. Also I can video & taking pictures at the same time.

36455462-114E-4147-A258-38AE1D8EDD73.jpeg

I have a ultralight go pro mount. brand new $10 plus shipping

Attachments

• 1603295233_1595762.jpg
    1603295233_1595762.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 94
Here’s my DIY solution. I drilled two holes on the PVC . Cheaper than $40 from Ikelite. Total cost less than $5.00.

Attachments

• 00E4FDDC-7E97-4ACA-913F-D11B8CB7B127.jpeg
    00E4FDDC-7E97-4ACA-913F-D11B8CB7B127.jpeg
    89.3 KB · Views: 64
  • 8E7E7E44-B7F0-408E-AF2B-D28A324E0C1A.jpeg
    8E7E7E44-B7F0-408E-AF2B-D28A324E0C1A.jpeg
    33.8 KB · Views: 72
I have something like this on my housings but it is a cheaper version from Aliexpress. Since I don’t have a hot shoe mount, I used the sticky GoPro mounts in a location that does not interfere with the controls. No problem maintaining stickiness but I do tie off the GoPro with a lanyard in case it fails. Note that I only bring the GoPro when I am configured for macro, so that I don’t miss out on all the whale shark flybys. :wink:
Hello:
Anyone find the Flex Mount kit for GoPro useful ?

Reviews on B&H state that this is very difficult to use.

I am open to suggestions on how to mount my GoPro to my Ikelite housing.

Thanks
Please look at my posting, under this thread. I needed to mount my GoPro higher, due to the wide angle dome port.

My buddy and I just bought these:

(Wealpe Jaws Clamp Mount Flex Gooseneck Mount Compatible with GoPro Hero 10, 9, 8, 7, Max, Fusion, Hero (2018), 6, 5, 4, Session, 3+, 3, 2, 1, DJI Osmo, Xiaomi Yi ) from amzn.ca

Which is a really big clamp and the flex line (3/4") plus the needed ends. After the first dive with it the loc-line was too long, so I've removed all the loc-line except the two end pieces and the double-ender. I found it clips to the barrel of my current dive light (Big Blue VTL2600P) and gives me a "light cam". :) Sunday is the first test of the shorter system.

Here’s my DIY solution. I drilled two holes on the PVC . Cheaper than $40 from Ikelite. Total cost less than $5.00.
Drilled the holes and did what? Not clear to me.
Thank you.

Please look at my posting, under this thread. I needed to mount my GoPro higher, due to the wide angle dome port.
What posting?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom