Gopro malfunction

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

And lighting wouldnt cause camera to go awhal lol......it went from video workimg fine to doing a hyperlapse and taking almost 700 pics .....

Hmmmm. I’m wondering if it may have something to to with the presssure at the depth forcing the housing button onto the gopro buttons....just a theory...theta would also explain why pressing them was doing nothing. Have you tried alternate housings? You may just have a dodgy one.... (I know is professes to be 180ft) especially if it was an ‘eBay/Amazon from China one’

Vu frustrating for you. I suspect it’s going to be a trial and error solution...

I would bet on the housing being the issue if the behavior changes at depth.

On 60 foot reefs and on land it is flawless works great.......but my passion is deep wrecks so i am going to change sd cards and see where it goes.....i need to fix it because i need deep video

Wouldn’t that tend to indicate a housing issue ??????

This may help, but not sure in your case...

When cleaning your housing (at home), be sure to disassemble and lubricate the button pushers. There is a small E-clip on the inside, when removed, the button post pulls out from the outside. Keep everything in the correct order, lube the O-rings and reinstall. Always test the case, empty, in a bucket of water before heading out on your next dive trip.

Good luck!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom