Gopro malfunction

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bcollins4

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have a hero 5 session gopro and it messed up all the time at and deeper than 100 feet all the time, so i sent it back and got a brand new one......i formatted the sd card and with the first damn dive on 110 foot deep wreck it said repairing file and took 650 pics instead of doing a video.Also while im at the bottom it wouldnt even let me turn it off and back on.....i turned it on on the boat before i jumped it and it worked until i got to depth.......i have a housing rated at 180 feet I NEED HELP ON HOW TO PREVENT THIS FROM HAPPENING AGAIN PLEASE!!!!

the hero sessions are picky about memory cards. might need a high dollar bigger badder one.
not quite the same problem but heres a recent conversation about a session problem at depth.
Hero 5 Session cutting off at Depth

Where do you buy a high dollar one? I usually get sandisk extreme at walmart......what other kind or brand would you suggest?

i ordered online. but i upgraded from ultra to extreme and my problem was solved. may be because i have a hero session wich is older and slower than the hero 5 session

Thanks alot for great quick reply......i already did use an extreme and it didnt help......i just ordered a 32 gb lexar memory card hopefully that helps.....gonna book a wreck dive n see how it goes

Thanks alot for great quick reply......i already did use an extreme and it didnt help......i just ordered a 32 gb lexar memory card hopefully that helps.....gonna book a wreck dive n see how it goes
This may sound obvious, but have you tried it at shallower depths or on land? Do you get the same kinds of issues?

On 60 foot reefs and on land it is flawless works great.......but my passion is deep wrecks so i am going to change sd cards and see where it goes.....i need to fix it because i need deep video

On 60 foot reefs and on land it is flawless works great.......but my passion is deep wrecks so i am going to change sd cards and see where it goes.....i need to fix it because i need deep video
That seems really odd. Any chance it's a lighting issue? That is, such low light you can't shoot video and the GoPro is acting up? I wouldn't imagine the internal pressure of the camera compartment would change enough between 60 and 120' to cause a problem. (It's a trivial pressure change internally.)

Maybe it's in how the buttons work at depth?

I'm really curious. I'd love to know if the new SD card works out for you.

FWIW, I had a video problem with a GoPro 4 that turned out to be user error. Somehow, while diving, I managed to switch the exposure to +2 f stops. Everything was way overexposed. Took me awhile to figure out what had gone wrong....

Its weird because i turn it on on the boat so i dont have any issues with buttons at depth with pressure and still messes up......i have no clue im lost... i guess ill try new card and see how it treats me.....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom