GoPro Hero3+ Dive Equipment

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mill1ion

New
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I've been looking into quite a bit of accessories related to SCUBA diving and the latest from the GoPro line of cameras, the Hero3+ Black Edition. Unfortunately, it seems there's a lot of information that's specific to older models of GoPro or older models of equipment.

I'm trying to find out what's the best way to equip a GoPro Hero3+ Black for diving. I can't seem to find the "dive" housing for the 3+ that will work with the LCD Touch BackPac. I've read that GoPro will send you the Hero3 case when you purchase a LCD Touch BackPac, which allows you to fit the 3+ and Touch BackPac up to 130'. Can anyone confirm?

I also can't seem to find the "flat glass lens adapter" or related housing with such that works with the Hero3+. I know SRP makes attachments for it to fix the underwater blur, but I'm planning on going with the Backscatter Flip3.1 filters. What's the solution to fixing the underwater blur for the Hero3+?

Also-what have you all found to be the best telescoping monopod with the GoPro for diving? It's tough, as there's not much information about how strong the material (aluminum) is, or how it fairs in saltwater-or diving in general, for that matter.

Just trying to figure out the best combination of accessories, and how and where to buy them.

Thanks!

I did look around quite a bit but didn't see answers specifically addressing the q's.. 😔

---------- Post added December 8th, 2013 at 08:51 PM ----------

Thanks for the links, though-reading now.

I've been looking into quite a bit of accessories related to SCUBA diving and the latest from the GoPro line of cameras, the Hero3+ Black Edition. Unfortunately, it seems there's a lot of information that's specific to older models of GoPro or older models of equipment.

I'm trying to find out what's the best way to equip a GoPro Hero3+ Black for diving. I can't seem to find the "dive" housing for the 3+ that will work with the LCD Touch BackPac. I've read that GoPro will send you the Hero3 case when you purchase a LCD Touch BackPac, which allows you to fit the 3+ and Touch BackPac up to 130'. Can anyone confirm?

I also can't seem to find the "flat glass lens adapter" or related housing with such that works with the Hero3+. I know SRP makes attachments for it to fix the underwater blur, but I'm planning on going with the Backscatter Flip3.1 filters. What's the solution to fixing the underwater blur for the Hero3+?

Also-what have you all found to be the best telescoping monopod with the GoPro for diving? It's tough, as there's not much information about how strong the material (aluminum) is, or how it fairs in saltwater-or diving in general, for that matter.

Just trying to figure out the best combination of accessories, and how and where to buy them.

Thanks!

The Go Pro 3 plus housing does have a flat lens and it will deliver crystal clear video and photographs underwater. You don't need to add anything else if you are not deep and there is ample light. We have recently released new filters that fit the hero 3 Plus housing which will add color back at depth.

Please check it out:

GoPro Underwater and Polarizing Filters

MCCL-2.jpg

I have a 3+ black (still never opened ha!), that replaces a hero2 that I sold. I use two Sola 800 lights and a basic tray with locline arms.

Ill lol prob get the 3 housing as I've read it's better for diving.

I just bought a GOPRO 3+ and the LCD Touch Back. Had two concerns, that the new housing is not rated to the depth as the GOPRO 3 housing (40 m vs. 30 for the 3+), and that the back for the LCD wouldn't work with the 3+ housing. Could not get a straight answer from support.

NOT a problem, the LCD Special Edition GOPRO shipped included a complete original 3 housing along with 2 backs. One hard and good for depth and a second that has flexible plastic over the screen area so you can use the touch features, but only good to 15'

Hope this helps.

Perry

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom