GoPro Hero2 with Backscatter Housing at Bonne Terre

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks so much for sharing! I just got my Hero2 in the mail last week and am very anxious to try it this weekend. This gets me super excited!

Were you able to try the Hero2 with the standard housing? Is it still as blurry as the old GoPro Hero cameras underwater?

-Patton

Yes, the stock case with the Hero2 has the same blurring issue's. I dived in Hawaii with it and had some blurring issue's (though not nearly as visible on my night dive) during the day time dives. 2 popular aftermarket mods are the Blurfix (many threads about here) and the new Backscatter case that people have been trying out lately and have been pretty happy with. Their are threads about both in this forum.

Sean

Thank you for the kind comments everyone. I can't say enough about what a great time we had at BT. I also wanted to add, I did use the LCD backpack on my dives. I would leave the camera on in standby and turn the LCD off between shots. I filmed about 35-40 min worth of video on each dive and the backpack lasted right up till the very end of each dive before killing the battery. I really liked having it in order to frame the shot. Additionally the gorpro2 takes some amazing still photos and the LCD is great for framing as well. I took some great wide angle shots of the St. Louis arch while we were there. Will post when I get home from work. The 'time lapse' photo mode is pretty cool. I mounted the gopro to the windshield of my car and had it take a photo every 2 seconds for the 7 hour drive up there. Put all the photos into imovie at 1 frame per photo and the resultant movie was a highspeed video of the drive there. :)

Feb 24.jpg11mp Wide FOV

Man, the tall guy in that photo is handsome...He looks very familiar!Fan-freakin-tastic time at Bonne Terre! The staff and service were awesome, and the conditions were perfect! I wore my normal 7mm john & jacket with 5/3 hood and 3 gloves with no temp problems. I generally dive Lake Erie in spring and summer, and some quarries in NW Ohio so any temp above 40 in inviting! I was certainly glad to get out in the sun on the SIT though. We had a different guide each day and both were great. What a great time. I can't wait to get back there.I used a different solution with my GoPro Hero2 and had good results. Lighting was an issue as I didn't have one :) In brighter conditions this lens was also very good at correcting the blur noticed from the rounded lens that comes standard. I went with the cheap solution as I've heard that the OEM solution from GoPro is just around the corner... or the corner after that....I used the Flat Polycarbonate Lens For GoPro - Speardiver As an aside if you do decide to make the 1hr trip to St. Louis to see the sights or dine, you MUST eat at Iron Barley, and you MUST have the Ballistic Elvis for an appetizer. Make sure to add bacon!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom