GoPro Hero2, SRP Tray, CY Filter -- Very pleased with the setup

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@Barracuda2 Rharraka is using the tray, blurfix adapter and URPro cyan filter by snake river prototyping who are a 3rd partly gopro accessory manufacturer. I use all the same stuff he is using and the results speak for them selves, If you see the videos in this thread and by other users with the same setups.

Gopro has also just released a flat lens housing and backscatter also has a good alternative, I still think the glass URPro premium filters do give best results as provided by SRP vs all other filter options currently available. The blurfix doesnt allow wet filter changes but the filters do hold up colours at greater depths then Ive seen the plastic magic filters from backscatter which dont seem to do much beyond 12-15m going by other users example videos.

The tray is quite unique well built and very light, keeps the setup pretty compact and gives much greater stability for shooting with the gopro. A tray is needed if using lights but even when using without lights it will greatly improve your stability.

I have a very similar setup, Blurfix, but different tray, Original GoPro, HD Intova 220 wide mini (x2). I used it diving the RMS Rhone in Tortola (depth ~75-80, 30 ft vis at best) and realized that I need at least 4 times what I had, and the Hero2. Just bought the Hero2 tonight :) and will be looking at the new cree xm-l t6 torches that are starting to pop up. This is a frame from the video that gives you an idea: you can see the impact of the light, but I had to get real close.
vlcsnap-2012-05-19-22h02m51s70.jpg

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom