Gopro Hero red filter needed!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bryony

New
Reaction score
Hello,

I'm trying to find a red filter for the Gopro Hero basic model, and am finding it really tricky as every search comes up with filters for the 3 and 4.

I know there's at least one out there, as earlier in the year we hired a round red filter where the red lense screwed on to the filter and it worked with the Hero, but stupidly didn't write down the name?

Can anyone recommend one?

Thank you!
Bryony

What is the "HERO basic model"? A HERO with the housing like the one below? If yes, keep in mind that this housing will NOT focus underwater, regardless of adding a filter. As a friend described, it's like putting lipstick on a pig. They are still ugly after all.
gopro_hero1hd.jpg
The solution used to be a few after-market housings with a flat port, which are now probably rare to find, or the HERO "Dive Housing", also rare to find and costing over $100.

I could be wrong but I think you are talking about the red filter from PolarPro.

Filters that fit the Hero 4 and Hero 3+ in the standard housing will fit the current production Hero and Hero+. Ref: Page Not Found | GoPro Official Website Just be sure and get the ones for the standard housing and not the dive housing.

Attachments

• Filter.jpg
    Filter.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 122
Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom