GoPro Hero 5 Super Suit Dive housing availability ...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Carpster61

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi, I am in London and have just sold my 2 GoPro Hero 4 Black editions to upgrade to the Hero 5. I wanted to buy them today but can not find a single dive housing in the UK. The camera was released a month ago, but the dive housing doesn't seem to be released yet. Is this right or has anybody actually managed to get one in the UK yet ... ??? Got a diving holiday to the Maldives coming up in 2 weeks. Maybe it was a massive mistake selling my Hero 4's, and assuming the housings would be available for the Hero 5 ... ???

Thanx for reading. :)

I had one in my hand at best buy in FL the other day. Why are you upgrading?
A few reasons really. The fact I wont have to keep thinking about the various cases, ease of use. Also it has the screen built in. Extemded battery life over the Hero 4 battery, so hopefully the power loss with the screen wont be an issue. I only need it to last an hour maximum when on a dive.

Best reason for me is that it is voice activated. I go fishing, sometimes on my own. When I had the Hero 4 Black, I used to put it on something, then start record and get in front of the camera with the fish. Then when I got home I had to mess around with the video to get the still images out. This was, I just say 'GoPro take picture', then I don't have to mess around as much. Just sold my Hero4 Black for £250 so not so bad on the upgrade cost when you subtract that. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom