GoPro Hero 3 with Close Up Lens +10 Stacked with 5 DIY lens out of Magnifying Glass

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm using the Panasonic LX7 with a Nauticam housing. You could go with an Ikelite housing if $$ is an issue. Take a look at the various posts about the LX7.

I posted a short clip from my goliath grouper dive in Florida. Deep dark dive 85-100 foot depths. Much better at low light than the GoPro, a base lens field of view that is better suited to typical UW video shooting and it has good macro capability with it's zoom lens and ability to focus up close.
The Panasonic LX7 price not bad. The housings a bit more pricey but both for under a grand would be reasonable.

I'm kinda jumping the gun with these thoughts of upgrading. I just got my GoPro and have just begun using it. I'll use the GoPro a bit more for the mean time to get my feet a little more wet. I'm sure in the not so distant future I'll seriously consider upgrading.

Thanks, and cool vid of the groupers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom