Gopro Hero 3+ vs isaw extreme a3

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kenns

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I currently have a sony nex 5n camera but would like to add a Video camera to the housing for another point of view. Basically record the entire dive occasionally and edit later. I have access to the adobe creative cloud and hope to learn how to use premier.

Given that info, are there any suggestions which camera would be better? From the YouTube vids that I've seen, the isaw is very clear in the pool setting but tend to overdo it on the yellow intensity in the ocean. The gopro color is better but not as crisp. Is the yellow an issue? Could this be because of a lack of light? Can it be balanced out?

I would like to hear from isaw users to see how they like it. There is lots out there for go pro. Just because it's popular, doesn't always make it the best choice. I want to be informed. Thanks in advance for your advice!

Merry Christmas, everyone!
Kerry

I recently acquired a iSaw Extreme but have only taken it on a few dives so far. I bought it for the benefits of built-in LCD and slightly longer battery life, it also had a few more accessories included than in the standard GoPro package. Never actually had a GoPro so I can't make any comparisons. It's my first "action" camera, and first for UW videography since I am returning to diving on a regular basis. The iSaw has a built-in underwater setting but the videos do benefit from post-correction. Of course the more light the better. And in reality the LCD screen is kind of hard to see underwater, due to its small size.

I'll post again after some more experience with the camera underwater.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom