GoPro Hero 3+ BE using Protune

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Great advice so far, @toozler that video came out looking great. I'll probably still go protune as insurance over the auto white balance. I'm sure it works well under some conditions with a red filter, but perhaps not all. Now I am confused about 1080 60/30 vs 2.7k 24/30. With 2.7k I will have more area for stabilizing post, with 1080 60 I can slow down the action in spots, but now I'm worried that it may get grainy if there isn't enough light. It's tough only being able to travel so often, I hate the idea of taking my vacation then coming back and not being happy with the footage. But perhaps some trial and error is what it will take. I was even considering a pink or orange filter as a happy medium. I can't wait to get in the water and shoot some footage.

You could probably base those needs on depth and water clarity. I've been in 100 FSW that was clearer than other places at only 20 FSW. If it is plenty clear and bright sunny day 60 fps will work fine, no grain. I've always used that setting with my GoPro. There might be some spots like wrecks that are often darker. 30 FPS will help with exposure there.

Back
Top Bottom