GoPro Hero 2 the best deal in town?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DitrasetMan

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I just entered the world of diving, and I would like a video camera to strap to my head to record my dives. I really don't want to spent more than a few hundred dollars, and want the video to be in HD and be able to record for about 2 hours.

Is the Go Pro Hero 2 my best bet? If so - should I be worried that they will be coming out with a new Hero soon?

I just entered the world of diving, and I would like a video camera to strap to my head to record my dives. I really don't want to spent more than a few hundred dollars, and want the video to be in HD and be able to record for about 2 hours.

Is the Go Pro Hero 2 my best bet? If so - should I be worried that they will be coming out with a new Hero soon?

I don't think there will be a Hero3 for a few months at least, ProTune (free firmware upgrade) is expected soon to enhance the abilities of the Hero 2

Be sure to get the dive housing with the flat glass. If not the GoPro, then Backscatter.

Preferably get an underwater red filter to aid in white balance.

This forum has some great advice GoProUser.freeforums.org • Index page

And remember with a GoPro, it has so many other non-diving uses that it will end up being great value.

The intova sport compares well to the go pro, $199.

Hero 2 and a flat lens housing and filter are a great option, if you want to go head mounted at times it does work well and Ive had some good results. I dont always use the head mounts but its a cool option and not all camera's can do this easily. If you get the outdor edition it comes with a headstrap that you can use just make sure to make a chin strap or wear it under your hood as the headband on its own can come off easily underwater.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom