gopro HD camera placement

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So he found out----the almost hard way, lol........

I sure did, my first dive with the headband. I was swimming along felt the top of my head and went oh $%^&, luckiy I was diving a pier I know quite well and just retraced my steps and there it was:D

After that experience I made sure that I tethered it to my BCD until I came up with my little chin strap mod.

I did lend my gopro to a friend of mine and told him to make sure he had the chin strap on or put it under his hood but he didn't listen. When I looked back at his footage I am amazed he didn't lose the camera nearly every time he breathed out the camera moves as the bubbles came up.

Regarding the case that blurryfix is talking about, will it also work with the LCD or extended battery options, maybe a 3d housing? Accepting a screw in wet filter is a definite must though IMHO and what price are you thinking this will be at?

I used mine for the first time last week and I used the chest strap it worked out fairly well except for one pesky strap that kept getting in the way.

If you want to use headband mount you need to make a chin strap or put your hood over the headband, otherwise it will fall off.

This is one place I would not put it because i did realize that it would come off quite easily...

I was wanting to keeo my hands free so that i can take some pics with my camera...:D

I was wanting to keeo my hands free so that i can take some pics with my camera...:D

i am thinking of doing it this way.. but i have to find a safety line to tie it to the main camera first...

199379_10150192143494669_522229668_8206345_44497_n.jpg

Here are some mask mount DIYs Simple Gopro Mask Mount - Spearfishing Planet You just have to remember to keep your gaze steady when you are filming-of course you turn it on before donning the mask and turn it off when you take the mask off. Need large card or multiple cards, 1 for each dive. After using my mask mount, thinking about a simple DIY wrist mount since the storebought one is a little cumbersome.

Here is a DIY Mask Mount using the tripod mount and fortunately the mask had a lip in front of the glass that a screw could go through. Thinking about a tab with screw hole to 5200 to other mask that can't screw through the front.

Attachments

• P1020358.jpg
    P1020358.jpg
    448.6 KB · Views: 921
  • P1020360.jpg
    P1020360.jpg
    428.6 KB · Views: 392
  • P1020357.jpg
    P1020357.jpg
    413.6 KB · Views: 172
Ultralight makes a mini tray and handle just for the GoPro's small form factor. A little pricey at around $50 for the setup (not including tripod mount).

TR-GOwsolasm.jpg

EyeofMine has a housing that fixes the focus issue with minimal vignetting in photos and resolutions lower then 1080.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom