gopro HD camera placement

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nelia1978

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello,

I dont know where to post this so please feel free to move it...

I bought myself a GOPRO HD camera, and i was trying to figure out where is the best place to attach it to? Do any of you have it, and where have you placed it? I was thinking on my bcd shoulder or front or somehow attached to my mask.. any suggestions?

THANKS>

Don't do like this guy(on far left)
WAwalldiversverylate.jpg

------In Cozumel recently, 1st day he had his attached to his head, close to the end of the dive it came off---& he never knew it..Luckily another diver found it on the bottom right below the boat before the final ascent!!!.....Can't remember where he carried it after that....

Hey good news for all of you looking for a high quality fix for Go Pro. Our company plans on hitting the market with an anodized aluminum bolt on with high quality optic glass. The parts will be available late May early June. I was hoping to get some feedback on this topic and get an idea of how many to manufacture. I will post photos and more instructions on where to purchase soon but for now all I can say is it rocks and we can't wait to get it to you.

I understand that the flat lens made a big improvement. It is also available on the Mako website above.

Don't do like this guy(on far left)
WAwalldiversverylate.jpg

------In Cozumel recently, 1st day he had his attached to his head, close to the end of the dive it came off---& he never knew it..Luckily another diver found it on the bottom right below the boat before the final ascent!!!.....Can't remember where he carried it after that....

If you want to use headband mount you need to make a chin strap or put your hood over the headband, otherwise it will fall off.

Hey good news for all of you looking for a high quality fix for Go Pro. Our company plans on hitting the market with an anodized aluminum bolt on with high quality optic glass. The parts will be available late May early June. I was hoping to get some feedback on this topic and get an idea of how many to manufacture. I will post photos and more instructions on where to purchase soon but for now all I can say is it rocks and we can't wait to get it to you.

Looking forward to seeing it!!! Please post up info and price as soon as possible. If you are building these out of scratch resistant glass, I will most likely pre-order one as soon as possible...

If you want to use headband mount you need to make a chin strap or put your hood over the headband, otherwise it will fall off.

So he found out----the almost hard way, lol........

If its aluminium, and bolt on, could i suggest you also have a thread to accept wet screw on lens, this wouls also allow red lens screw on too :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom