GoPro H2 still mode

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

np251

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi All

I currently (occasionally) shoot with a Canon A570is, INON UFL and UCL lenses and a single strobe. I get some pretty good shots but find myself going without the camera more often than not. Also, the video mode on that is good, and i seem to spend more time in video mode than stills. Therefore, Im seriously considering trading in the whole rig for a GoPro Hero2, blurfix and a custom lighting set up.

Anyone been using the GoPro as a still camera and liking the results? What about shooting in 1080p and pulling individual frames as still images? Does that work? Also, there are a number of 3rd party lenses that reduce the FOV vastly while keeping the full CCD useable with really close focus- for example, a 6mm lens will drop the FOV to around 60 degrees. Might be worth a go for close up shots, but they arent exactly cheap or nearly as convenient as the wet lenses for interchangeability.

Any insights welcome

Cheers

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom