Gopro dive housing Red Filter slip over SRP video tests

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AquaProHd

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hey Everyone,

SRP has provided raw footage from recent tests of their new slip over filter for the GoPro Dive Housing. This was worth the wait! Don't forget to watch it in HD!

[video=youtube_share;xrZPY-RAZRo]http://youtu.be/xrZPY-RAZRo?hd=1[/video]

Last edited:
Any idea what the cost will be? I like the idea of this being removable as opposed to the Backscatter filter that needs to be mounted onto the housing because then you can still use the original GoPro Dive Housing lens cap when the camera is not in use.

Looks good! I agree, their solution is more flexible than the Backscatter one, it still allows you to cap it.

I have seen a video from Korea where someone just cut out the lens cover and glued a filter to it. I thought of doing the same and even e-mailed GoPro regarding a replacement lens cover to work with. The fact is that they are not selling them yet.

Want!

Interesting to see some blue fringing along the edges of coral head towards the end of the video....

Certainly looks more effective that what we've seen of the MF/BS filter. And as the others state, nice to be able to use the lens cap for the dive housing. I'm in the process of fabricating a lens cap for the MF/BS, if it works, I'll show some pix. But I shouldn't have to be making one, the fliter should have come with!

Nice work... how would the solution for the original SRP Blur fix work? Would it go over the polarized filter or just a new simple glass lens?

Nice work... how would the solution for the original SRP Blur fix work? Would it go over the polarized filter or just a new simple glass lens?

It will clip over a clear lens much the same as the gopro dive version does, the blurfix shown at the start of the video is the regular cyan screw on filter not the newer clipon version.

I am looking forward to having a clip on for the original Blurfix. I have been using a red film disc that drops into the camera housing. While it is effective, it cannot be removed unless the camera is taken out of the housing. I've been wanting one that mounts onto the Blurfix. Please keep us advised to release date.

I am looking forward to having a clip on for the original Blurfix. I have been using a red film disc that drops into the camera housing. While it is effective, it cannot be removed unless the camera is taken out of the housing. I've been wanting one that mounts onto the Blurfix. Please keep us advised to release date.

Where did you get the red film disc? My red filter crack and trying to find a cheaper option while waiting for this slip over filter for BF

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom