GoPro Black 3 with lights or red filter?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would recommend filter and lights... you get the most bang for your buck with the combo. Attached is my latest dive in Belize with
GP2 and 2 Itorch video 4 spots at 1300 lumen each.
Belize Scuba Diving - YouTube

get light that has 1k lumens at least with min 100degree wide beam... if you can afford it...

else its just the filter... red filters will work down to about 30m depending on water quality...

The only thing to consider thou is that with the red filter you are 'filtering' off the Green and Blue channels (to level them with the lack of Red) so the sensor is increasing the gain to compensate and in turn increasing the noise and with that I found my videos to contain lots more noise.
Yepp, I also experience this, thats the downside with filters. In dark conditions I think its best to take the filter off and if possible adjust colors in sw.

I would recommend filter and lights... you get the most bang for your buck with the combo. Attached is my latest dive in Belize with
GP2 and 2 Itorch video 4 spots at 1300 lumen each.
Belize Scuba Diving - YouTube
Did you have the filter on all the time? I am trying to figure out how to do this in my next trip to Egypt. I have a SRP with lights (SRP/Archon D11v) and Flip 3.1

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom