GoPro Beta testers wanted. Requirements: loves to cooperate.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yuval Dimnik

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi Guys.
I've started a new SW project for GoProers, and I'm looking for beta testers from all sports (diving, bike, ski etc.).

The intention is to provide the goPro community with protected, accessible, sharable, fast cloud storage to store all their sports movies (and any other content) - for free...
You just need to sign in your kidney...
Naturally I'm joking. It's not for free.

Ok. Reset.
Free and Fast cloud storage. No kidneys. Beta testers wanted.

Yuval

I submitted an invitation request. The website doesn't have a lot of info. Any details you can share, like is there a client to load or is it web based?

Sure. I'd love to.
I don't want to spam the forum so I'll start little by little. If the admins feel I'm out of my way - I'll stop.

We have several GoProe's and they have many HD's to store their videos, backing them up manually from one to another.
We want to create a community.
To make is simple:
You allocate 100GB on your local HD. You get 100GB of superfast cloud service. Everything is powered by teh community.
It will be a website to access you material, but also a client so you can allocate to the community.

We're still VERY early into the project but are working hard to make it available in a couple of months to the public. For now we're looking for people who'd be interested to provide feedback and play with it.

Don't hesitate to post more questions here, or privately to me as you wish.

Not exactly. We "GoProers", is a general name for people who produce a LOT of digital matter and usually are challenged with storing it.

That said, we are mostly interested about creating a co-share community.
Communities can co-exists and can even merge given the conditions are right i.e. three villages can become a town, especially if there is a dragon lurking around.

As that is the case, we are focusing on as small communities as possible for now. In those communities the ties are strong by definition.
For that matter - if we have 10 users from this forum who'd like to participate in our beta, we'd form a community around them.

signed up, in cozumel now. This is my second trip shooting the entire trip using only a gopro

Why is the rum always gone

Hey divingpyrate.
Any luck with some manta rays?
Any clue on how much digital material you produced per day and/or in total?

We would have client for Linux, windows and Mac, as we don't see people sharing storage on their iPads.
For access, the web based console is availalbe on all platform.

Back
Top Bottom