GoPro Basics?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'll be getting the '3'. The options are 'white' 'silver' and 'black'. I'm leaning more towards silver now. What is this Sony Vegas you speak of?

Thanks for all the input!

I'm not sure if the 'Silver' offers much advantage over the '2', other than size. Assuming all other things equal, you'd probably get the '2' significantly cheaper nowadays as retailers clear their stock of it.

Sony Vegas is video editing software. It is used for editing and production of movies. I use Sony Vegas Pro 9, along with several software plug-ins. I typically down-grade the resolultion for internet upload, but the software does provide for full HD video rendering, color manipulation/correction etc.

Some examples: Scuba Tech Philippines?s Videos on Vimeo

Highly disappointed and ready to throw this POS into the wall. It comes with the cord to charge (which is standard for everything and I have 18 of them) but to view videos and pics I need a different cord (not included) so I can hook it to a tv (or computer I hope). WTF!!!!!!

Highly disappointed and ready to throw this POS into the wall. It comes with the cord to charge (which is standard for everything and I have 18 of them) but to view videos and pics I need a different cord (not included) so I can hook it to a tv (or computer I hope). WTF!!!!!!
Welcome to the world of GoPro accessories.

:bonk:

??? The same usb cord that charges is also what connects it to a computer to download the files to hard drive to view. Or you can take the memory card out and read off it directly in a card reader or slot, you can also get a sandisk microsd reader for a few $ that turns the memory card into a usb thumbdrive, no need for cables.

If you want to connect a gopro direct to a tv you need a micro hdmi cable which is also a std cord, they are only a few $, you don't need the one with gopro written on it for $30, although I wouldn't bother unless its your only option.

I'll gladly help free you of such burden ( but only if you bought a H3 black), in order to bring you inner-peace and happiness before said toss against a wall.............if you bought the silver or white model though, toss away..........

Testing

[video=youtube;qYGJSlkWz7c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYGJSlkWz7c&feature=youtu.be[/video]

One basic fact I learned the hard way, when using the head strap -- Never rely on it staying in place! always tether your camera to self!

Another good advice for using it on the head strap: remove camera from headstrap and mount it on a pole or tray, otherwise provide dramimine/triptone to viewers.

Just bought a black one when I was in New York a couple of weeks ago. My 2 cents:
- read the user manual befor buying, it is available on-line and gives you a detailed view of what the gopro can do
- get a red filter (not a red lens), from polar or SRP (I got both...)
- get 2 32 GB class 10 cards (rather than one 64)
- get a tray (or a pole) rather than hoping to get decent shots from a head-mount (see message suggesting dramamine!)
- the LCD touch screen is useless underwater (does not go over 10 feet depth, as written in the package rather than in the user manual), had to return it, could not find an LCD screen without touch not sure it exists anymore.
- get anti-fog stuff, useful, according to many

Good Luck and enjoy this great little machine!

Rene

Back
Top Bottom