Gopro 7 black with Inon UFL-G140 SD?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pascale Lagarde

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi,
Anyone have this setup and can tell me if it works well with the gopro 7 black?
I don't find any video with the 7, I saw some videos by INON with a gopro 4 and corners are ugly. On youtube I saw others with a gopro 6 and result looks correct but I dont know the initial resolution, I plan to use wide 4k with hypersmooth in 16/9.
Initially I tried with a SHOOT 6" dome but result is slighty blurred underwater.
Thank you.

The Hero7 and Hero6 are same form factor. I'm not clear why you want to add a wide angle fisheye lens to a camera that already has an extremely wide angle FOV.

I have been refining my GoPro setup since the 5 and I’m finally really happy with it and my results.

Current rig: GoPro 7 Hero Black Super suit case A tray with two articulated locktite arms like this Light & Motion Action Camera Tray

Two Under Water Kinetics 100 degree 1200 limit aqualites Underwater Kinetics Aqualite Pro eLED 100° Light, White

A Gorilla grip tripod (haven’t got this wet yet)

And a backscatter GoPro filter flipper usually using the magenta (green water) and the +15 Macro lens FLIP7 Pro Package with SHALLOW, DIVE & DEEP Filters & +15 MacroMate Mini Lens for GoPro 3, 3+, 4, 5, 6, 7

I have been starting to shoot mostly in 4K editing quick cuts on my phone then going to Premiere if I have a collection of good shots I just recently got DaVinci Resolve and I’m going to try that in the future videos as it’s suppposed to be better with 4K

You can see my progression in setups in this play list:Cold Water Dives - YouTube

I usually leave the magenta filter on with lights in Monterey only taking it off to go macro or if I’m up close. The color correction in the 7 is good enough to filter it out on its own.

The Hero7 and Hero6 are same form factor. I'm not clear why you want to add a wide angle fisheye lens to a camera that already has an extremely wide angle FOV.

It's not to have a wider angle, it's more to have a better depth of field, they say 4cm / 1.6in to ∞, sharper corners and to have less visible backscatter.

It's not to have a wider angle, it's more to have a better depth of field, they say 4cm / 1.6in to ∞, sharper corners and to have less visible backscatter.

Super macro to wide angle - all in one? I'd have to see it to believe it. But anyway, sounds like you are wasting that quality on a gopro and it's 1/2.3 sensor.

The 7 is much better close up than the 4. I find the flip on macromate to do a pretty good shop for the closer stuff.

The minimum focal distance on the H7 is about 18". The macromate +10 brings it to about 10" and the +15 to about 5". For video, macro is a tough job without a tripod as the slightest movement is greatly amplified. You aren't capturing a single 1/120th frame. It's tough to get that close and have a suitable position for a tripod. Mostly what I video macro is nudis.

Super macro to wide angle - all in one? I'd have to see it to believe it. But anyway, sounds like you are wasting that quality on a gopro and it's 1/2.3 sensor.

I find the lights to be more important than sensor size.

When I shoot in 4k video with the GoPro 7 I need to put what I shot up on a 4k OLED TV to actually fully see the detail shot, they have done a surprisingly nice job with this one. Will you get better video with a larger sensor? sure, if you have the right rig, conditions, money and time, however there is some pretty impressive stuff shot with the GoPro if you have the right lights and filter. For still a DSLR will blow it away of course, but the GoPro is a video optimized camera, so it does a pretty fantastic job for what it is.

Maybe if you're primarily shooting macro or closeup stuff. Lights are only useful within 3 or 4 feet max. I'm not saying you can't get some good stuff with a Gopro. But wide-angle shots beyond a few feet need ambient light of which a larger sensor will collect more. And I was directing my statement to a guy whose lens costs more than the camera/housing.

My Hero6 rig is similar to yours, with two Aqualite 100's, and Backscatter Pro w Macromate (+10 and +15). My tripod is different and my tray has fixed handles and I use ball/socket arms.

And a backscatter GoPro filter flipper usually using the magenta (green water) and the +15 Macro lens

Backscatter Pro w Macromate
Hey gents,

I'm thinking about getting one of these before an upcoming Bali trip, how do you find them with no narrow mode? Do you shoot everything in linear mode or just leave it in wide then edit the blur out in post? Just trying to work out if it's really worth the money, any advise would be appreciated.

Cheers, Mike

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom