GoPro 3 black- battery backpack a good idea?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was under impression that there was no separate on/off switch for an lcd screen but I could be wrong. I thought to turn it on one would have to use a thin door (which is arguably barely waterproof) because lcd screen is a touch screen I think?

Edit. NVM. Just looked it up and back door comes with a button on the side. I guess if one wanted to use it... but err... I remember my days of diving with my bonica camera (now retired) when I would spent half my dive looking through the lcd screen. Took me a whole year to rid myself of that bad habbit. I was so busy trying to frame the shot that I would often not even look at the thing I was taping with my own eyes.

Only thing I would be concerned about is whether lcd screen button sticky or not. If you can't power on lcd scren under water under pressure then it's not really serving its purpose. I remember a bunch of people reported hero 2 and 3 buttons being sticky.

Last edited:
The extra battery is defiantly worth it. I used my gopro black without the battery pack and the next day i went out and spent the extra money. no sense having a 32gig memory card if you cant use most of it.

Whatever you do, you will never be happy with the stock batteries. You need this cool new invention instead:

Back
Top Bottom