Google?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Do you have an example? I know that when you see who is online, there are many entries that say "Google Spider" which is I assume people who are not registered members viewing areas of the site. I think it would be odd if they could post though. Maybe someone joined and called themself "google"??

Google spider is the bot spider from google searching the site to add in things to the google engine. So when you type in Scubapro and come up with links to here on google you find them.

Engine spiders constanting follow through links on the web and update the engines accordingly.

Not sure if this is it.

thanks, d33ps1x, I learned something new today (and remembered I should never assume something :)!)

Google spider is the scary thing that lives down the hall and means that daddy has to get up in the middle of the night because my daughter is too short to turn on the bathroom night...

It is called something like that anyhow.

I am familiar with a spider, but I've never seen one leave a trace behind that looks like a post.
I don't believe it is a posting by someone registered as "GOOGLE" since you can't click on the name to get a profile (not that most people have much in their profile anyway).

OFWF is the only forum on here I read, not sure if it is in any of the other ones. Seems to have just started a few days ago.

Cant' seem to find one now... perhaps someone killed them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom