Goodman handle elastic or rigid?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Maybe I never figured out the secret to using the metal handle, but I had the problem with flopping around with THAT handle, and corrected it by going to the elastic. The elastic handle promptly broke due to being cheap, so I just made my own and absolutely love it. No flopping, light weight and comfortable with a glove so I don't even know it's there.
The success of the elastic mount is probably directly related to the size of the light head you're using. If you have a larger head you likely need some clearance the elastic won't give without being floppy.

Call some of the light manufacturers and see if they have any of the light heads from the old Halogen lights still hanging around. I got 2 full heads for about $25 a few years back and keep them for parts etc.

As for the hard handle, on the inside you can mount a small backup knife and on the outside put a strip of white eletrical tape and write you planed dive deco run times. If you are on plan, checking your deco stops/run time stops is as easy as looking at your open palm.

An elastic with a small light head is always my vote.

rec the elastic handmount works fine although I have no idea why the decided to make the mount part white and not black seems rather silly to me...eveything needs to be colour coordinated of the fish swim away...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom