Good waterproof, non-electronic logbook?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ravisurdhar

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Believe me, I would be the first person to buy a dive computer...if I could justify the cost. In 7 years I have about 50 dives, half of which were done on a 3 week diving-intensive community service trip. So, the PADI book I got with my open water stuff is now overflowing, and I'm looking for a good replacement. I need something fairly waterproof (the book I have has this sort of waxy/plastic-y paper, which I rather like), and very durable...I'm hard on my stuff. My logbook is currently being held together by duct tape and little metal clip rings. :) Any suggestions?

Check out dive-logs.com They have nice looking logs that can come on water proof paper. They have several standard formats and a way to customize the layout. I thought it was pretty cool.

Kyle

A dive computer really isn't a substitute for a log anyway- it will record a limited number of dives with depth, time, temperature and maybe gas consumption, but a log is so much more than that. It should be your dive journal, to record your comments, your buddies, and all your discoveries (as well as the data).

I would just go digital - Mac Dive rocks, and is only $25 (although I'm sure that there are lots of free ones as well). Back it up as often as you like, print it out if you want, and you can't lose it or drown it on a dive!

Check out dive-logs.com They have nice looking logs that can come on water proof paper. They have several standard formats and a way to customize the layout. I thought it was pretty cool.

Kyle

I think I might go with these...unfortunate they're UK based, that makes it pricy in the US, but it looks like a quality product that I can use for many years to come.

I got a zippered binder at the dive shop (that my original OW dive log fits in) and extra pages to continue on where my logbook left off. They're the same waxy paper. It works pretty well, and the binder has pockets for certification cards in the front cover.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom