Good small light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The lights Iguana Don and Atomox are talking about can also be purchased at home and garden stores (Lowes and Home Depot ect) for a lot less that their dive brothers. The 3 "C" cell at a dive store is about $29 where the one at the home store is about $19. They are exactly the same lights sold under another name. I have used them for years (both the 3 "C" and the 2 "AAA" versions)and have had good luck with them. By the way, they also sell replacement bulbs for a lot less also.

Well after reading through Scuba Board I have decided on the Pelican SuperSaber. It is at the right price and seems to be fairly good. I would have liked to go with the Halcyon but cant justify the cost yet.

I've tried a few small lights and I'm partial to the Princeton Tec Surge. 8AA so it's both compact and bright. I like to keep a small light in my pocket for peeking in holes and stuff during the day, and some of the small lights aren't bright enough to be much good for that. Works better for me than a couple 4C lights I've used.

Just a note... those fancy Halcyon Scout lights? They're using a UK SL6 head. The only thing Halcyon makes is the "solid delrin battery case" Even the new ones with the "H" on the bezel are still SL6 heads with a different mold to cast the "H"

I second the vote for the Princeton Tec Surge. Good light.

DiverDave:
I use a UK SL6 which I find excellent. Takes 6 C cells and lasts about 4-5 hrs. Cost in the should be about USD 45. It fits into my BCD pocket quite easily.

Have two of them. Great lights for the money. Scouts are junk IMO. Dove with them several times. Buddies always having trouble with them and now neither of them are used.

Another vote for the Princeton Tec Surge. In addition to its 7.5 W Power it also has a focus capability that lets you change from narrow to wide beam. It's basically a very compact primary. You can also use it with only 4 AA batteries (reducing burn time of course). The only problem with the latter is that it makes the light positively buoyant.
:snorkel:ScubaRon

I really like my Ikelite Mini-C. Holds 4 C cells and call me a st**ke if you want. It's the only light I use.

Cool I made the change to my post, it's the first time I've seen the censor function.

Go for the UK SL4, perfect in a pocket

Back
Top Bottom