Good small light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

buff

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm looking for a good small light. I already have a UK 1200 and I have to get a second job just feed its appetite for batteries-besides I'm done illuminating ALL of the ocean-only need to see one small secton at a time. I would like a light doesn't have a handle-like a "regular" flashlight-any ideas??????

Thanks
Mike.

I have a Princeton Tec 40, I believe that's right, for a backup and to look in crevices on day dives. It isn't the brightest thing in the water (only 4 cells) but it works pretty well. It's also small, fits in a BC pocket easy, and has no knobs or handles. However, some people don't like the way it turns on/off. You turn it on/off by twisting the end. To me it's pretty simple and one less failure point, but if you turn it to far when turning it off, it's an instant flood.

I agree with Warhammer the Tec 40 works pretty well for me. I even have mine clipped to a D-ring on my BC.

:) "Fins to the left, Fins to the right":)

Lost Looper-

That is one nice light-the only drawback is once I buy it I won't be able to afford to get a tank filled!!!!

This diving gig I'm into is costing me a small fortune-I have to buy for two-wife needs stuff too.......

Those lights would be incredible to take into the cenotes in Mexico though.

Take a look at the Pelican Super Sabre, it uses 3 "C" cells and won't set you back a fortune, twists on and off like the Princeton Tek. Made out of indestructable material. Real bright also, carry 2 of em on my BP/Wing attatched to the chest straps. (DIR fashion)

ID

The pelican super pelilite (2 C cells) is also a good alternative for open water. Built like the super saber but smaller.

Brad

Yeah -- the DIR guys love those scout lights, but they costs somewhere in the neighborhood of $80. Of course that is a pittance compared to the small fortune they drop on canister lights.......

I use a UK SL6 which I find excellent. Takes 6 C cells and lasts about 4-5 hrs. Cost in the should be about USD 45. It fits into my BCD pocket quite easily.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom