Good small blunt knife/sheath for harness?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hank harris

Reaction score
I have emt shears but am wanting to get a small blunt knife to wear on my harness. Lots of knife choices, but I would love a better sheath setup than the plastic cheaplooking ones most knives come with.

Any brand recommendations for a knife with a secure sheath that fit my Halcyon harness width?

Not sure if they are still made, cuz I got mine years ago, but check out the Wenoka line. I have a knife with about a 4" overall serrated blade and a blunt tip. It came with a webbing scabbard that can be attached to a strap with plastic pop rivets. They make/made the same knife with a pointed tip and I have one of those as well ...but I prefer the blunt tipped one.

'Slogger

The Scubapro K-3 is a good knife that will fit in any 2 inch webbing sheath.

k3_knife.jpg

I have the scubapro one, as well. It looks cool and it works well.

I just ordered the Salvo knife -- it looked like a good one.

I read a review of a TON of dive knives a month or so ago, and one of the criticisms of many of them is that it was difficult to get them in and out of their sheaths.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom