Good shears

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just get a pair of EMT shears. They will cut through most anything that you will need.

Most dive shops will carry them.

FWIW - I carry mine bolt snapped in a drysuit pocket.

I have a pair marketed by Zeagle (I don't know who they buy them from), and the pin/rivet rusts on them. FWIW.

They're attached to the clip in my bc pocket (Pro QD+) via a 3' long shock cord. The last thing I'd want to do is accidentally drop them when I needed them the most. And I figure if the cord gets tangled, I'd just use the shears on it.

Picked up a pair of stainless steel EMT shears for a whopping $1 at a local dollar store, SS multitool with separate locking knife for $5 at another store. The multitool/knife stay in my shore box, the shears fit nicely in the nylon holster that came with the multitool. I must have had good karma that day :)

Buy 'em cheap and replace them every year. Remember, they cut fingers and bc's just as easily as they cut monofilament and pennies.

Regarding EMT shears....drill out the rivet and replace with a small ss bolt and nut. Did that at work long before I started scuba diving.
\
James

Okay, I have a dumb question… How do people attach their shears in their pocket?

I keep mine in my left drysuit pocket, in their sheath, with a double-ended stainless bolt snap (one end of the snap on the pocket d-ring, the other through the thumb hole of the handle). It just seems like a bad way of securing them in there – kinda clunky.

Thanks.

Likewise. Have mine clipped off to a bungie loop in the pocket. Works fine.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom