"good" price on flight from New York?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pilot fish:
I'm paying $506, with one stop in Charlotte, on US Air. I booked it in Nov for mid Feb flight. I didn't realize what a good price it was till I saw some of these prices posted here in this thread.
Of course USair is cheap, they're practically out of business! Hopefully your flights will be O.K. and your luggage will follow you wherever you go. Good luck.

Continental out of Newark is our choice. Leaving this Saturday! !

Taucher:
Of course USair is cheap, they're practically out of business! Hopefully your flights will be O.K. and your luggage will follow you wherever you go. Good luck.

Newark is more of a hassel but I'm sure your flilght is more secure. I booked this before all this lost luggage nightmare. I'm sure I cannot change it now. What price did you get?

Taucher:

On behalf of all of us at Continental, "Thank you for choosing us!" I hope you have a great time!

Rob Davie

BigJetDriver69:
On behalf of all of us at Continental, "Thank you for choosing us!" I hope you have a great time!

Rob Davie
Can't you just hear him saying that over the loudspeaker???

pilot fish:
Newark is more of a hassel but I'm sure your flilght is more secure. I booked this before all this lost luggage nightmare. I'm sure I cannot change it now. What price did you get?
Hopefully by February things will be worked out, best of luck. My wife and I saw a lot about the problems out of Philly and it was a very busy holiday time of year, contracts are being renogotiated, employees taking pay cuts, so a few called in sick, no big deal right? Sorry, it is not my intention to worry you, but I would make sure you carry your C-card and reg with you as carry on, just in case.
We paid $695 each (plus taxes, etc.) three months ago. It has remained relatively the same. Last year we flew into Cancun for $400 plus bus to playa Del Carmen, then ferry to Cozumel, then taxi to hotel. Yeah, we saved some money, and it was fun to do.......ONCE. Now I'd rather pay the extra and fly directly to Cozumel.

Taucher:
We paid $695 each (plus taxes, etc.) three months ago. It has remained relatively the same. Last year we flew into Cancun for $400 plus bus to playa Del Carmen, then ferry to Cozumel, then taxi to hotel. Yeah, we saved some money, and it was fun to do.......ONCE. Now I'd rather pay the extra and fly directly to Cozumel.

My flight is into Coz directly, if they stay in business. Think I'm stuck with this airline. The image on me on the island and my dive gear in Brussels is scaring me.

pilot fish:
My flight is into Coz directly, if they stay in business. Think I'm stuck with this airline. The image on me on the island and my dive gear in Brussels is scaring me.
As I pointed out above, (i just added a few lines) I'm sure it will be fine by then. And do take your C-card and reg as carry-on luggage!

For us,18 hours and counting! ! The bag with our gear is all packed up an securely locked for its journey south. I've got it down to a science now and always pack our gear in the same order, and we've never arrived at a destination missing any gear. (We take everthing but tanks and weights, I only trust my own gear) (no offense meant to you Cozumel dive operators on the board! and it's nice to be as familiar as possible with your equipment) IMHO

Taucher:
As I pointed out above, (i just added a few lines) I'm sure it will be fine by then. And do take your C-card and reg as carry-on luggage!

For us,18 hours and counting! ! The bag with our gear is all packed up an securely locked for its journey south. I've got it down to a science now and always pack our gear in the same order, and we've never arrived at a destination missing any gear. (We take everthing but tanks and weights, I only trust my own gear) (no offense meant to you Cozumel dive operators on the board! and it's nice to be as familiar as possible with your equipment) IMHO

Have a great, safe trip. I wonder if there wi lbe any residual effect from the tsunami? Where are you saying?

I, too, take all my own gear. I do not trust other gear, from ANY PLACE. It is best to know your own gear so you can reach for something in total darkness and find it.

pilot fish:
Have a great, safe trip. I wonder if there wi lbe any residual effect from the tsunami? Where are you saying?

I, too, take all my own gear. I do not trust other gear, from ANY PLACE. It is best to know your own gear so you can reach for something in total darkness and find it.
Thanks! We'll be at Scuba Club Cozumel, which we have been to berfore and enjoy very much. Good luck with your upcoming trip!

Taucher:
Thanks! We'll be at Scuba Club Cozumel, which we have been to berfore and enjoy very much. Good luck with your upcoming trip!

Thanks. That place is great, I hear. I'm staying right across the street.

Back
Top Bottom