Good place to make online purchase of D200?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I also bought a D200 and a D80 from a local camera store. I bought when the cameras were new to the market, and prices at the LDS were comparable to B&H and Adorama, with whom I also do business. I like the service at the LDS, and although neither body has given me any trouble, I know exactly who to bring them to if they ever need work. I might even get a loaner while they're sent back to Nikon.

BTW, I actually prefer the D80 to the D200 underwater. It's lighter, a bit smaller, and far easier to switch modes with a simple dial than having to hold a button down, turn a wheel at the same time, and try to read the mode in that little window. -Clay

louisianadiver:
BTW, I actually prefer the D80 to the D200 underwater. It's lighter, a bit smaller, and far easier to switch modes with a simple dial than having to hold a button down, turn a wheel at the same time, and try to read the mode in that little window. -Clay

Just curious, but what modes are you using that you need to switch to during the dive? :confused:

I always have mine in manual mode and so I really never mess with the mode button so I guess it hasn't been an issue.

Thanks for sharing!

alcina:
B&H is good. I've had very positive experiences with www.buydig.com, too.

My favourite human to deal with is Allen at Allenscamera@comcast.net - can't recommend these guys highly enough. Tell him Kristin from Australia says "hi"! :)

If you are doing the whole underwater thing, definitely check out Ryan at ryan@reefphoto.com

I just ordered my D200 from Allen, partly based on your recommendation. And I told him Kristin said "hi"! He was great and happy to hear from you. From what I understand especially your dad is a very good customer at Allen's.
It was not the best time to order from Allen's as they were increadible busy, but still he had everything in stock, kept my dead-lines and gave me extra service for free (that I would have been 100% willing to pay for).

It arrived at my "courier" one day after placing the order (this was last friday, and my credit card has not been charged!) and I will meet her (for x-mas family gathering) in a few days. I've never been so eager to see her. ;-)))

I'll post a follow up when I've examined the package during x-mas.

I have no uw-housing yet (diving season is over for me anyway so no rush), but I do have 18-200mm VRII and 60mm macro.

/Fota

louisianadiver:

The D80 is truly neat, but it should be worth noting that you can set the D200 in a mode so that you don't have to keep one button down while turing a wheel. Instead you press e.g. the mode button, turn the wheel to desired mode and then halfpress the shutter or repress the mode button.

I really like the autozoom button on the D200 (if configured that way). If you, while previewing, press the mid button once, it will zoom in x levels (configurable) and center the position where focus was set. You can even step thru your images while in this mode and they will all auto zoom and center the focus position.

/Fota

alcina:
B&H is good. I've had very positive experiences with www.buydig.com, too.

My favourite human to deal with is Allen at Allenscamera@comcast.net - can't recommend these guys highly enough. Tell him Kristin from Australia says "hi"! :)

If you are doing the whole underwater thing, definitely check out Ryan at ryan@reefphoto.com

I have now recieved my camera kit from Allens Camera. I got everything I ordered and it all seems to work perfectly.
Nice personal (though a bit stressed), good prices and excellent service.
Allen gladly helped me out with some extra services for free that I would have been happy to (and even asked to) pay for. I placed the order over the phone combined with via email. I have never put my foot in their store.

/Fota

Fota:
I have now recieved my camera kit from Allens Camera. I got everything I ordered and it all seems to work perfectly.
Nice personal (though a bit stressed), good prices and excellent service.
Allen gladly helped me out with some extra services for free that I would have been happy to (and even asked to) pay for. I placed the order over the phone combined with via email. I have never put my foot in their store.

/Fota

Very happy to hear Fota!!!!! :14: :14:
Now get out there and take some pictures :) :wink:...

Jamdiver:
Very happy to hear Fota!!!!! :14: :14:
Now get out there and take some pictures :) :wink:...

You bet! As I'm on holliday I'm out hours every day. But, no diving until next summer. :-( Perhaps there will be some pooldives though... :)

/Fota

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom