good place to buy gear?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

john_p

Reaction score
I have been out of pocket for a while and have seen the whole DIR movement realy expand. I have noticed that there are several shops both local and on the net that are selling gear now. Anyone have any suggestions?

E-bay and online peer to peer sopping via boards such as this if your looking for used goods. Halcyon usualy sells close to retail for good condition stuff, but other brands tend to be a steal.

As for new, most of the "DIR" stuff prices are universal and you'll be hard pressed to find much of discount.

john_p:
I have been out of pocket for a while and have seen the whole DIR movement realy expand. I have noticed that there are several shops both local and on the net that are selling gear now. Anyone have any suggestions?

There are a lot of alternatives when looking for DIR equipment. Here's a few sources for new product off the top of my head:

Backplates: Halcyon (www.fifthd.com), FredT (on this board), and Scot Koplin; and many others

Wings: Halcyon, Oxychek

Jetfins: Leisure-pro

For used product, the previous answers were right on. Ebay, GUE, scubaboard.com, thedecostop.com

good luck, and dive safe.

detroit diver:
There are a lot of alternatives when looking for DIR equipment. Here's a few sources for new product off the top of my head:

Backplates: Halcyon (www.fifthd.com), FredT (on this board), and Scot Koplin; and many others

Wings: Halcyon, Oxychek

Jetfins: Leisure-pro

For used product, the previous answers were right on. Ebay, GUE, scubaboard.com, thedecostop.com

good luck, and dive safe.

I just talked to someone at Scubatoys.com. They are really informed and they carry Dive Rite, OMS and Oxy Check. They said they carry full manuf. warranty and seem to have pretty good pricing. Have you bought from them? I live in the Dallas area and am going to check out the shop today.

also check out the gear exchange section on www.gue.com

john where are you located?

Wendy:
also check out the gear exchange section on www.gue.com

john where are you located?

I live in Dallas now. I am looking for a DIR-F class. I took a fundamentals seminar a few years back in Guam, but there wasn't a card or anything like a cert issued.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom