Good place to buy a desktop

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hoosier

Contributor
Reaction score
I plan to get the desktop to have the dual monitor (left & right) set up.

I know I can have the same set up with the notebook though. It is a quite expensive to have a device for the dual monitor set up.

Which is the most popular place to get the new desktop?

I know I can have the same set up with the notebook though it is a quite expensive to have a device for the dual monitor set up.

Not if the laptop's screen is one of the monitors.

:D

Like RJP said. I have desktop and laptop and because of where they are located I needed another screen for classroom presentations. I teach at my home. So I bought a 26 inch monitor for 300 bucks from dell and have it hooked to my laptop when I need it. Works very well. I don't know if I can have seprate screens running at the same time though. I'm sure I can but just not computer literate enough to do it yet. So for now just switch between windows.

You can try MicroCenter as they actually have some good deals on computer equipment and once in a while a very knowledgeable sales person. Your profile doesn't show where you are but there is always online. This place, Tiger Direct can also be very good.

Now a days you can actually hook multiple monitors up to just about anyhting. Including your notebook. Since price is a concern, I'm guessing you're not looking for a super large HD setup. so, an easy way is to use the VGA output on your notebook and attach it to monitor one, and then use a USB to VGA dongle such as Tritton Technologies Makes to hook up monitor two. It's cheap and gets the job done. (also add some ram and wipe and reload your computer and it will be good as new - you can get many more enjoyable days out of an old PC just by getting the crud off of it.)

I would even bet you could get dual screens done for ~500 with a mini and a used monitor . . .

Back
Top Bottom