Good Orlando diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

crunch35

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I will be in Orlando the 11th of july and i would like to do a couple of dives. Im thinking of a spring or a trip to the ocean. I have never been and would love some ideas and advice, thanks...

Epcot Center, you can dive the living seas aquarium. I thought it was cool.

Cocoa Beach is an 30 minutes away. However, I would contact before you go, I went to a "dive" shop there before a cruise to get an O-ring for my camera and the guy looked at me like I was from Mars. However, he did have a lot of bait to sale.

BigDaddy Out!!!

Crunch ther isnt many places to dive near Orlando. Blue Springs State Park isn about 30 minutes Northish. I havent dove there so cant offer much info. If you have the time you can drive a couple hours North to the springs, Devils Den, Blue Grotton, Ginnie Springs. They are pretty decent, water temp is about 72 year round. Another option is to head South East towards Pompano Beach or Fort Lauderdale. Not sure of your time schedule but you are looking at a 3 or 4 hour ride down that way. Going Southwest you could head to Venice and dive in for Shark Teeth. 25 ft deep roughly and warm water. Look of Florida West Scuba for more info on that. If you head for Fort Lauderdale check out The American Dream 2. They are a great outfit also. I have been told that Epcot is a pretty neat dive. Plan to do it but have not yet. I dont think there is much in the CoCoa Beach other than shops that will take you on trips.

You can get a 2 tank dive in the am or afternoon depending on who you charter with. 1 tank on a wreck and the second tank is a drift dive.

Back
Top Bottom