Good old ameriacal beer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Leggeyuk

Reaction score
i have always wondered what percentage american beer is brewed to in the U.S.A, such as budweiser, in the uk it is 5% as is most lagers (except stella act a **** which is 5.2%). Please help me settle the are american beers weak as natts **** debate.
could you also tell me what percentage imported beers such as heineken are please!!!

Good question. Since the label nor carton show the percentage it is hard to tell. I have six different ones right now and none show alcohol percentage.
I can tell you that it will fluctuate with the type of beer, pilsner, amber, lager, etc.

0 to 6%, depending on the style. Heiniken, as we get it is 5.0%.

The more thicker, darker beers generally have more alcohol. The American "traditional" beer, Budweiser (yuck!) is 4.9%. "Ice" beer runs in the 5.5% range (Bud Ice, Molson Ice).

Pale ales are kind of an exception to the rule above, as they can run in the 5.7% to 5.9% range (Sierra Nevada Pale Ale, Bridgeport Blue Heron Pale).

BTW, Bass Ale as we get it is 5.1%.

All these numbers are by volume, not weight (E.G., 3.2% by weight is about 4% by volume).

Darin

P.S.- Don't eat yellow snow and don't drink yellow beer!

The best way to find out about what you Brits call fizzy-assed american beer is to go to www.google.com and type in alcohol content of american beer and you will come up with lots of hits one of which is http://www.theraven.com/beer.html and he has an extensive list of beers from all over the world with their alcohol and caloric content.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom