Good News for Poseidon Fans

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bob3

Contributor
Reaction score
Poseidon's new reg, the Xstream, is now available with a 1st stage configuration that has 5 LP ports and 2 HP ports, making it more appealing for single tank users and/or divers that that like to have lots of doo-dads & gizmos plugged into their regs.
The new 1st stage also has an adjustable IP feature for the folks that are compulsive tweakers.

Hi Bob,
Thanks for the Xstream update! I recently searched the WWW and failed to find anyone selling this 'new' version anywhere. Where exactly is it available for sale? What' s the pricing?
Can you provide details about the 'adjustable IP feature' ? How is it different from the Odin 'conventional' 1st stage in that respect?

Thanks,

Karl

I just heard about it last week myself, and haven't even seen a drawing.
Any Poseidon regulator dealer will be able to order one for you.
The critters have a MSRP of $655 but you should be able to get a discount on a special ordered one (ask for a discount):wink:
As far as the IP adjustment goes, the 1st stages on the "regular" Xstream aren't adjustable, they're "magically pre-set" at the factory & aren't supposed to wander.
There should be a drawing of the 1st stages at their website: http://www.poseidon.se

Hi Bob,

There are a number of Poseidon dealers in my area, I called one today and was quoted $629.00 for the 5LP/2HP port version....plus another $100 for the octo.

I didn't deliberately ask for any discount, I just asked the price. They didn't have any in stock, they have to be special ordered, but I'm told it would ship right away upon being ordered.

$629 isn't much of a 'discount' versus the MSRP of $655......and that's if it's 'special ordered'.

I've considered using my 'old' Odin 2nd stages on a new Xstream 1st stage, but the dealer didn't think that was a good idea........something about such a combo would override the pressure relief valve in the hoses, possibly blowing an LP hose in the event of a failure. Can you shed any more light on that 'issue'?

Also, what's the advantage to having an adjustable IP on the 1st stage? Why does Poseidon have both versions......adjustable and non-adjustable?

Is this version of the Xstream Nitrox compatible or does it have to be retrofitted? If it's not Nitrox compatible from the factory what would be the logic behind that?

Thanks,

Karl

I was diving one this weekend, and I have to say, I like it. It didnt go very deep, I was doing OW dives with students, But it definitely works well in shallow depths.

I really had to check and make sure I wasnt breathing off my Apeks (my normal reg I dive with).

Really sweet reg, and nice and light. Cool reg....

We (East Coast Divers) can get them for you...

$629 isn't much of a 'discount'
Keep looking, there are a lot of Poseidon dealers out there & price fixing isn't part of their agreement.
If you're serious, tell them you'll pay cash up front & make them an offer to your liking.
I've considered using my 'old' Odin 2nd stages on a new Xstream 1st stage, but the dealer didn't think that was a good idea........something about such a combo would override the pressure relief valve in the hoses, possibly blowing an LP hose in the event of a failure. Can you shed any more light on that 'issue'?
I can't see that being a problem. The IP on a Jetstream is right in the ballpark, and the maximum free airflow of the Xstream's 1st is LESS (if I recall correctly) than the normal Jet 1st.
Also, what's the advantage to having an adjustable IP on the 1st stage? Why does Poseidon have both versions......adjustable and non-adjustable?
Got me on that one, as far as I know, the non-adjustable works fine. I strongly suspect the new 1st was put out in response to customer wishes.
Nitrox compatible ... ?
All of their regs are good for up to 40%, and the "nitrox version" and "Deco" are higher yet.
I'm on the road & don't have all my info with me, but the above quoted specs are close, if not 100% correct.:wink:

Back
Top Bottom