good first liveaboard ??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I snore terribly and am not inclined to ruin a bunkmates vacation. Are there any liviboards that have accomodations for a single, solo travelor - in other wirds that don't require sharing sleeping accomodations?

I snore terribly and am not inclined to ruin a bunkmates vacation. Are there any liviboards that have accomodations for a single, solo travelor - in other wirds that don't require sharing sleeping accomodations?
Several LOBs offer single rooms at a substantial single supplement rate. As a possible alternative, you could bring some foam ear plugs for your potential room mate. They are actually quite effective when used properly. The problem is that most people don't use them properly some they assume that they aren't that effective.

I’m driving the Red Sea in October on the Emperor Superior. On that boat, they have a single private cabin. The up charge for that is only $150 or so.

It’s my first live aboard, and I’m by myself, so I sprung for the private cabin. I don’t want to be disturbed by a random cabinmate watching movies in the middle of the night – or even worse, feeling guilty because I’m the one who wants to do that! :)

I've slept outside on lounge chairs on an upper deck on some LOBs mostly because of seasickness during the first night or two, then things usually get better. It's not ideal but it is an option, you could bring a sleeping bag with you and camp out upstairs if your snoring is intrusive. Or you could look for a dive partner who is hard of hearing and takes his hearing aids out at night!

Here is an article about liveaboard diving for single travelers, maybe you will find some options here:
The Best Liveaboards for Single Travellers

Thanks!!
Ive seen the top link before we booked but it says it doesnt apply to Hurghada which is where were flying into.
cheers!
It may not apply now, but things can change. Not a bad idea to keep an eye on it.

Bottom line ... Have fun!

So the liveaboard is done......

The diving was incredible!!!!!
The boat and crew and food were awesome.
They had no problems with 4 of us diving sidemount or backmount doubles and I’d say for probably 10 dives they left us open without a time limit. Some 85 - 100 min dives happened.
I used a drysuit with no hood. but it was definitely too warm for me I could have made due in a 3mm no problem
The Thistlegorm and Ulysses wrecks were super cool. Definitely the highlight dives of the trip.
It’s been 2 days and we’re already looking at our next destination.
Have a couple more days in Egypt until we fly to Switzerland for a few days to check out the sights there.

So the liveaboard is done......

The diving was incredible!!!!!
The boat and crew and food were awesome.
They had no problems with 4 of us diving sidemount or backmount doubles and I’d say for probably 10 dives they left us open without a time limit. Some 85 - 100 min dives happened.
I used a drysuit with no hood. but it was definitely too warm for me I could have made due in a 3mm no problem
The Thistlegorm and Ulysses wrecks were super cool. Definitely the highlight dives of the trip.
It’s been 2 days and we’re already looking at our next destination.
Have a couple more days in Egypt until we fly to Switzerland for a few days to check out the sights there.

Congratulations, so glad that it worked out well for you! The Cairo Museum is a wonderful spot to visit; don't bother going to the light show at the pyramids at night, it's not worth it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom