Good deal on AL80's?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Richesb:
You can buy brand new AL80's with current hydo, etc from a store (Divers Direct) for $ 139.00. Why gamble?

There was a pretty big price increase from the manufacturers to the stores a while back, and everyone had to raise their prices. Of course blamed on the price of metals... And DD is now at $159...

Someone else had the math pretty accurate, even with our pricing, and your SB 10% discount, figure about another $17 or so to ship each tank (have to know your address for exact numbers - but that's a ball park) You'd probably be just over 300 bucks for 2 of them... so depending on what your hydros cost - you'll save 100 bucks buying those... as long as they are the newer tanks, like I said before... not the old luxfers - it's really not a bad deal.

Turns out they're Catalina tanks and aren't made with the 6351 alloy that caused all those problems. Thanks for the comments.

Hey gang - looking at the same issue - local guy has 2 AL 80s and a AL 90??- what is the standard way to split the risk/cost, also they are about 60 miles away - asking 75 each b/o

thanks!

scubatoys:
There was a pretty big price increase from the manufacturers to the stores a while back, and everyone had to raise their prices. Of course blamed on the price of metals... And DD is now at $159...

Someone else had the math pretty accurate, even with our pricing, and your SB 10% discount, figure about another $17 or so to ship each tank (have to know your address for exact numbers - but that's a ball park) You'd probably be just over 300 bucks for 2 of them... so depending on what your hydros cost - you'll save 100 bucks buying those... as long as they are the newer tanks, like I said before... not the old luxfers - it's really not a bad deal.
Divers Direct has low shipping rates. $13.99 if your order is over $200, and they don't charge extra for tanks. I bought 4 AL80s from them about two weeks ago, and I only paid $13.99 for shipping.

I found a really good deal back in December- a Midwestern dive shop directly invited me to his site to see his fantastic deals, and so I found one.... tanks for $0! So I ordered a couple, got the order processed, received the confirmation email, and then the wrote back to say it was a mistake, he was reneging on the order, but said if I really DID want some tanks, he'd make me a good deal. I told him that was bait and switch- that he can't lure me to his site promising stuff like that, and then go back on the advertised price after the order was placed.
Lame!!

ekewaka:
Divers Direct has low shipping rates. $13.99 if your order is over $200, and they don't charge extra for tanks. I bought 4 AL80s from them about two weeks ago, and I only paid $13.99 for shipping.

Yes, if we are shipping to someone close to us - in texas, ok, etc... the shipping would be lower. It just depends on which UPS zone they are in.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom