Gonna try to dive Blue Grotto and Devils Den on 6/26 any advise or tips ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cardzard

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hi Gang
Well I'm off again the try some more spring diving. The tips and advise I got from all of you about Ginnie Springs was RIGHT ON and much appreciated. Now I'm off to cross 2 more off the list of things to dive. I will not be staying overnight and want to dive both if its possible. BRING ON THE TIP AND ADVISE. PLEASE

Thanks
Cardzard

cardzard:
Hi Gang
Well I'm off again the try some more spring diving. The tips and advise I got from all of you about Ginnie Springs was RIGHT ON and much appreciated. Now I'm off to cross 2 more off the list of things to dive. I will not be staying overnight and want to dive both if its possible. BRING ON THE TIP AND ADVISE. PLEASE

Thanks
Cardzard

Why are you planning to dive the Blue Grotto and Devil's Den? Any specific reason?

Devil's Den and Blue Grotto are within a mile or two of each other. There are hot showers at both facilities.

While Devil's Den is a historical site, and Blue Grotto is a deep dive, I didn't find the dives very interesting and frankly, had more fun seeing the manatees and diving in Kings Cavern (free).

My LDS had a trip out there and hyped up the trip since these are cavern dives. The catfish in Devil's Den are huge, but I had to wonder how much $hit was in the water since the water doesn't go anywhere. Hint: bring soap/shampoo for the shower afterwards.

Blue Grotto seems to silt up easily. We had someone swim off the line and vis went from 30 ft to 5-10 ft pretty quickly. As with any cavern dive, bring your primary and secondary light. You really don't want to have any problems @ 90ft.

Hey, New Port Richey, thats where Im from! I used to go to Ridgewood High. Anyway, BG is nice. Be sure to bring cash for BBQ. The guy there makes the best BBQ sandwhiches. Other than that, theres not much trick to diving there. Its mostly cavern, and a permanent line to the bottom. Stick to it, watch the silt. You might try to get there hella-early, as it will get low viz real quick as soon as the classes get in there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom