Gonna get "boy shorts" swimsuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Miami Mermaid

Registered
Reaction score
Hi girls,

Yes, Miami Mermaid is still having problems with red spots and a swollen bikini line. I tried a gel hair removal for sensitive skin and it looked even worse than when I shaved.

I can't bring myself to have enough courage for the waxing....so I'll have to resort to those "boy shorts" swim suits that are now kind of out of style. It seems that the sexy bikini cut is what's hot.
Any thoughts?

Look at http://www.UnderGear.com

This is where I get my shorts.

Actually, this sounds like a decent plan anyhow since one of the main points in diving is comfort.

How about the bike shorts I see the ladies wearing at the gym and aerobic classes?

Well...the sexy bikini cut suits sure don't LOOK hot on me! And, I definitely don't FEEL hot in them! haha :wink:

Wear what you feel comfortable and confident in. I actually find a modest one-piece suit (omg..I sound like my mother!) works better for diving..for me at least. I don't worry about pulling down any pieces when I take my wetsuit off, or getting wedgies in the middle of my dive! I may not look like "beach bunny" material, but I'm there to see, not to be seen.

Aeroskin has so nice dive/swim suits in their line. Check them out if you get a chance.

the site referred to in another thread on bathing suits is one I've used to get workout gear and they have cute bathing suits on that look good and are functional at the same time: http://www.athleta.com

I think boy shorts are cute, avoid the wedgie issue and most crucially, the whole waxing saga.

Enjoy!

V.

ScubaBaby:
thread now!
www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?threadid=3054

Have you ever tried a dive skin??
Just an idea.

Another idea for you, have you ever tried applying a waterproof cream to the sensitive area before diving?
I go with the dive skin. I'm practically an albino (although I hide it with fake tanning cream) and the dive skin helps me keep from getting sunburn on the boat. Plus, it zips so easy to go potty and it looks nice. It also makes pulling the wet suit on way easier and keeps you a little warmer underwater.

Waxing doesn't hurt. If you get really brave (like me) you can also go for laser hiar removal ( I opted for it once I figured out how much waxing cost me in a year).

how did that work for you, chick? for instance, how many treatments, are you having any regrowth issues, did you get bumps or anything during?

BabyDuck:
how did that work for you, chick? for instance, how many treatments, are you having any regrowth issues, did you get bumps or anything during?

The laser treatments are virtually painless. I've had no problems at all. There is always some regrowth afterwards (due to growth cycles) but the reduction after each treatment is amazing. I've had 3 of what are projected to be 6-8 treatments (I went for the full "brazilian" so it takes more). The only issues I have had are razor burn- since they don't want you waxing between treatments- but even that reduces after each one (and with consistent exfoliation).

I second the suggestion for laser hair removal.

I was getting ingrowns in the bikini area for the last couple of years. I started laser hair removal last summer and started having immediate results. Half of my ingrowns/scars disappeared after the first treatment. The rest disappeared by my third treatment, never to return. I never had to shave my underarms or bikini line ever again after the second treatment - just a tiny bit of extremely fine hair by 3 weeks - couldn't see it unless you were up close. For the brazilian, I had to shave for the first 5 treatments, and then had almost no hair growing.

By the end of 8 treatments, I had at least a 95% reduction in hair. I have a few very fine hairs in the underarm area, and I have done 1 extra treatment so far at a reduced cost. I have no hair growing 5 weeks after my last (8th) bikini/bikini line treatment.

I have to say that "they" did not expect me to get the results that I did for my olive skin (they expect 80 - 95% reduction for white skin, 70 - 85% for olive skin, less for darker). They use an excellent machine for all skin types, which reduces the risk of burning darker skin while allowing them to be less conservative in their settings. I have never burned, but they always use ice packs before and after the treatment, just to make sure. I also have to mention that I was waxing for over 15 years, so I started with lighter hair growth than it once was. Make sure that the place you choose uses state of the art equipment and guarantees results. I have heard that some cheap places use equipment not much stronger than a light bulb - not very effective. The place I chose cost not much more than the cheapest places, but had the quality machines.

Laser is virtually painless, but if you are having NO pain, you will also get little or no results! You and your laser technician have to find the right settings for you - that you can tolerate, but not TOO comfortable. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom