Golem Gear is Dive Soft distributor in NA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I pulled this from the user manual of the Hi-tech analyzer.

When analyzing mixes in situations where the incorrect composition of the mixes could cause
material damage, injury to health or threaten human health or life, for example in the case of
breathing mixes for diving, the results of the analysis may not be used as confirmation of the
correct mix composition . In these cases, the analyzer can only be used as an aid for increasing the
probability that such incorrect mix composition will be detected before its use . The correctness
of the mix composition must be established by the technology used to prepare it

What does this mean? It seems to me that the manufacturer is recommending that the analyzer not be used for checking mixes used for diving since your life depends on the mix being correct.

Or, is this somewhat standard preamble that all analyzer manufacturers use to reduce liability?

I have been considering buying a trimix analyzer, and this is a great price, but if I can get a more reliable analyzer for an extra few hundred bucks, then I would rather spend the extra money.

Back
Top Bottom