Golden Algae Bloom--Fish Kill is ON

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What a mess, I now remember talking about this here before. They say there is no evidence that it's harmful to humans, hopefully I wont be the exception.

Thanks for posting that link to the Texas Parks and Wildlife department. This is really horrible, again, for Possum Kingdom. Every year since the last big one, 2001, I think maybe this year the lake will come back and all will be better again. What a shame. I noticed Whitney as on the "moderate" list of Golden Algae Bloom. :11:

skeet:
Wow, that's a remarkably nice website. I had no idea that TPWD had a dedicated area up.

After perusing that site, I think I'll mosey around and see what else the department's been doing lately. Despite the bad rap from out-of-staters, TPWD really is a pretty solid organization.

Just got back from diving at P K lake, all those dead and dieing fish floating around are gone. They were mostly bait fish like shad and some perch, there were still lots of birds on the lake, none flocking just sitting on the surface looking relaxed and full I guess you could say. The talk is this bloom may be a mild one and is mostly over. I think they say this because their were never any larger or game fish found, I would'nt begin to know.Water temp 48 degrees, air temp this AM was 17 degrees, buuurr-doggy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom