Gold Core booties and jet fin size

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubamickey

I'm a GIRL!
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I currently use Akona booties with my medium Jetfins. I want to buy the Gold Core booties. I'm a men's size 6. Has anyone had any issues with the booties fitting the foot pocket? These booties have a hard sole and are bulkier than the Akonas.

I'm trying to find a hard sole bootie for our trip to Bonaire and I love my Goldcore suits and would really prefer to have the booties (fast drying). But I will consider any suggestions. Thanks

You might want to double check to see if you're sure you can get Gold Core boots. We were told that Henderson discontinued them and they sent us the Instadry boots as replacements for warranty issues.

As to size, I wear a men's size 8 and my Medium Jets wouldn't fit well over my old Gold Core boots, but large was too big so I have to use different fins. If you wear a men's 6, I would imagine that you would be fine with your Jets, but you won't know for sure until you try.

You might want to double check to see if you're sure you can get Gold Core boots. We were told that Henderson discontinued them and they sent us the Instadry boots as replacements for warranty issues.

As to size, I wear a men's size 8 and my Medium Jets wouldn't fit well over my old Gold Core boots, but large was too big so I have to use different fins. If you wear a men's 6, I would imagine that you would be fine with your Jets, but you won't know for sure until you try.

MY LDS was told the same thing. I found a place online that still has some. I may just get the Instadry. It's just that I really like that Gold Core lining :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom